Tuesday, October 7, 2008

How Good Does It Taste?

It really doesn't matter. Because..."NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels!"

I'm near my low now, weighing within a few pounds of what I did when I got married 32 years ago. Having not so long ago had 30 more pounds on my frame, I know how uncomfortable carrying the equivalent of 2 bowling balls around feels. Not good. Not good at all.

Yet, there are times when a lack of discipline snags me. I can easily let a pound a month creep back. Doesn't take long for the clothes not to fit well anymore, and to have that bloated, lethargic feeling. What has snapped me back to exercising and eating more sensibly during those times is the reminder that nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Krispy Kremes? Nope!
Snickers Bars? Nope!
Fries? Nope!
Rocky Road Ice Cream? Nope!

Do I avoid these things completely? Nope!

I love chocolate in most any form...and for that matter, lots of other sweets and fattening stuff. I eat them once in awhile. But always keeping in mind that...

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

No comments: